Monday, August 10, 2009

Motherload of All Updates

OK...I know it has been awhile, but cut us some slack! We've been on vacation!!! Here's what's shaking in the Hollow:

  • Jonathan was offered and accepted the Auditor IV position with the SC Department of Revenue in Columbia SC. No, we are not planning on moving to Columbia at this time. Jonathan will live in Columbia (he is in Cola today looking at two possible living arrangements) Monday-Thursday and return home on Friday afternoons for the weekend. He received an increase in pay with this position which will offset the cost of him living down there four days a week. (OK...I know many of you are thinking, "Are you guys CRAZY???!!!" We don't think so. I am perfectly capable of taking care of Isaac and Kathryn by myself Monday-Thursday and if things get a little too hairy I have re-enforcements right next door. And yes, Jonathan will miss us and we will miss him; but hey, it could be A LOT worse.) I've always wanted a cute, small vacation home on a lake, maybe Lake Murray will fit the bill????
  • Kathryn and Isaac are so close to taking their first unassisted steps. We are on "Walk Watch". After which, I am sure all hell will break loose in this house and I will have to reconsider my thoughts on those indoor gate containment systems.
  • Isaac and Kathryn are quickly making the transition to table food (and baths have become a nightly event at the Hollow). They have eaten numerous nutritious options (grilled cheese sandwiches, beans and rice, mashed potatoes, oatmeal, waffles, cooked frozen veggies, strawberries, ripe plums, ripe pears, grapes that have been quartered) and a few not-so nutritious options (Thrashers fries, soft serve vanilla ice cream, Chick-Fil-A nuggets and fries). Kathryn loves yogurt, eggs, anything that is a starch and fruits. She is not too keen on veggies right now so I think some camouflaging is in her future. Isaac is our resident Mikey, unless it is scrambled eggs or broccoli. I swear that boy eats his body weight each day.
  • We had a great time vacationing in Ocean City, Maryland. The kids made it to the beach three out the six days. Both were introduced to the sand and the ocean. Kathryn loved it, Isaac was slow to warm up to it. Oh well...the joys of raising two completely different people at the same time! If only the drive to our family vacation spot was much, much shorter....
  • While on vacation we learned that our good friends had their little girl! We are so happy little Audrey Elizabeth is here and we look forward to meeting her the next time we are in Maryland.
  • Isaac and Kathryn turn O.N.E. this Thursday! Holy cow! Has it really been a year? When I think back to this time last year...it's hard to believe that they weren't even here yet! We are planning to celebrate their big day this weekend in a very low-keyed fashion (read: dinner and cake with Pop and Meems). Now if I can just decide if I want to make carrot cake cupcakes or two small carrot cakes...any thoughts??

I think that covers us for now. Pictures will be forthcoming soon!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm so glad you guys had a great time on vacation. And wow! The kiddos have become quite the little eaters!! That's awesome. Congrats to Jonathan on the new job, too. Lots of great things going on at Haines Hollow! Hope to catch up some time soon!!!

Nicole said...

Wow! What an update! Congrats to Jonathan. I can't believe the little ones are almost one. And it made me smile to see our little one mentioned :)

Nicole said...

Oh,and I vote for two small carrot cakes (although cupcakes are more practical!)

Happy birthday Isaac and Kathryn!!!!!

mimi said...

Cupcakes!!!!!!! and it's carrot cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yippee! Happy Birthday Isaac and Kathryn! Also, Congratulations, Nicole!!!

mimi said...

Congrats Jonathan!!!!