Tuesday, August 25, 2009

12 Months (plus a few days!)

Dear Isaac and Kathryn,


Happy Twelve Months!!! My how this first year has flown by! I find much wisdom now in those comments made by the strangers that we encounter on our few trips out and about the first three months of your life. They would stop us in the midst of our hurried errand and advise, "Enjoy each and every moment, because they grow up so quickly." I don't know if it was sleep deprivation or that I was adjusting to the fact that I was now a Mommy to Two that made me think, "Lady (Man), you are crazy! Each day drags by, one right after the other, in exactly the same pattern. I won't miss a thing with the rate things are going!" Boy! Was I wrong! After Month Four, our days together have started to blur together. Now I try so hard each and every day to squeeze as much as I can out of each and every moment. Laundry can wait, dusting can too. These moments watching you grow, watching you learn right before my very eyes...this is my new purpose, my new meaning of life. How blessed I am to be a part of your lives each and every day!


Isaac, Ike-Man, Isicle, you are my little cuddle-bug. When I pick you up, you put your arm around my shoulder and nestle right in to me. I love how you will suck your thumb and sniff me when you are tired, hurt or simply need to reconnect with Mommy. I adore how your world revolves around me and how your face lights up whenever I enter the room. You love to eat and can't seem to get enough! When you want more of a food, you will point your little finger to the appropriate pile on the plate and say, "Mm-Mm-MM!" One of your most favorite foods at the moment is peas. Something you would not eat at all in "baby food form". You are growing like a little weed, weighing in at 20 lbs 2 oz and you measure 30 1/4 inches tall. Your new favorite toy is the vacuum cleaner the Sewells gave you for your first birthday. When your sister comes over to play with it, you will immediately let out this "Waaaaaa" to warn her to "back off"! In fact, I hear that warning every time Kathryn takes (or tries to take) the toy you are playing with. Daddy picked out the perfect name for you, as you are laughing or giggling much of the day. You enjoy meeting other people and flirt with the females you encounter on our trips out. I laugh at how you "talk yourself down" before going to sleep in your crib. It is like you are giving Bunny a mini-lecture on what happened that day. I love you, Ike-Man!


Kathryn, Peanut, Peanut-Butter, you are my little lady. Recently you have become quite attached to me, crawling over to where I am, holding your hands out palms up, opening and closing your little hands to urge me to pick you up. During this entire process you are saying, "ma-ma-ma-ma" until I reach down and gather you in my arms. (I think sometimes you just like looking at what I am working on at that exact moment, but we'll just say you want some Mommy time too.) You are SO ready to walk. In fact you have taken a few unassisted steps, after which you immediately sit down, shocked that you have lifted your feet from the floor. You love to push yourself up from the floor into a standing position (holding on to nothing) and see how long you can balance yourself. You are so proud with this new accomplishment and you will beam once you are standing! Daddy and I are sure once you figure out this walking stuff that you will be zooming from one place to another. You are so petite, weighing in at 16 lbs 11 ozs, but you are almost as long as your brother, 30 inches to be exact. Your eyes are crystal blue and you will study each new person/situation with your "Momma Jeanne" look. You love to sleep and if you did not share a room with your oh-so-verbal brother, I wonder if you would sleep in past eight o'clock every morning. As soon as I put you down in your crib, whether it is for naps or for the night, you immediately begin twirling the hair on top of your head and sucking your thumb. I love you, my lil Peanut!

Sweet babies, I sure have enjoyed watching you grow and change this first year and look forward to our time together in the years to come.

XOXO,

Mommy

1 comment:

mimi said...

just beautiful!!!!!