- We had a great trip to Maryland! My aunt's knee replacement went quite well. Mema's stress test revealed that she still has an amazing ticker, even at the age of 84. All in all, we had a wonderful time, even though Mommy totally drank her body weight in Iced Grande/Venti Peppermint Mochas (and as a result gained ~3lbs!!!). Here I had hoped all the running around after two toddlers would have burned off those extra calories...oh well, YMCA, here we come!
- Both kids are talking up a storm, repeating most of what Jonathan and I say. Much is still gibberish, but we are so excited to hear their cute little voices. My favorite words for each child at the moment are "Belle" (BAAALLLE) said by Kathryn and "Watermelon" (WA-DER-MM-MM) said by Isaac.
- We are SO loving the fact that Daddy is at home every single evening! Even though we are only three weeks into this new routine (and the kids and I were out of town for one of those weeks), I wonder how I did it without him! But then again, I think that experience has made our relationship even stronger. I love you, Jonathans!
- Our container gardens are almost fully planted, just a few more herbs and we will be all set. Although we had great germination with our English peas, unfortunately some little green bugs did havoc on the plants before I could spray them with organic soap spray! Now only four of the thirty-four plants remain. Oh well! We have already enjoyed some lettuce, broccoli and onions and are really looking forward to our tomatoes, peppers, eggplant and cukes.
- The kids and I play outside EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. It is so much fun! They put on quite the show in their Cozy Coupes (must take video and post) and love to "help" water the gardens.
- Mommy attended her second "Block A Month" quilting class and has completed four of the nine planned blocks. I think I have found a new hobby!
- Isaac and Kathryn are moving right along using spoons and forks, drinking out of cups and eating off of plates. An old beach towel now resides under their highchairs and will remain in that location for the near future.
- Oh! I almost forgot. Jonathan is planning to return to school this fall for his MBA and I am looking at returning in the near future for my Masters in Personal Financial Planning. (B/c I have my CFP(r), I only need 18 additional hours so it seems crazy not to go for it!)
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Catch-Up Post
Labels:
Aunt Cindy,
Daddy,
development,
family,
fun times,
isaac,
kathryn,
meems,
Mema,
Mom-Me,
sewing,
Simplification,
vacation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment