Monday, April 6, 2009

I Know...I Know...

I seem to be posting once a week on Mondays lately, but I am finding it difficult to find time to post right now. Most times I sit down, turn on the computer, log in, am ready to start my post....and the kids wake up from their naps! Here's what's been happening around here recently:
Isaac continues to rock back and forth on his hands and knees in his "pre-crawl" stage. Each time he assumes this position, he receives lots of encouragement and cheering from Daddy and Mommy. (Are we really ready for him to start crawling???) His babbling continues and he is quite the giggler. He loves to laugh and finds Mommy, Daddy, Meems and Pop pretty funny at the moment! And as far as food is concerned, he is a hollow-leg Pete. He wolfs down breakfast, lunch and dinner...and can polish off several pieces of graham cracker quickly and will cry for more! Daddy and Pop think Isaac is becoming a little butterball-ish.
Kathryn much prefers standing to this "pre-crawling" stuff. When she is playing in equipment that help her maintain a standing position, she will tap her left leg like she is tapping along to some imaginary beat. (Let me tell you...the girl's got rhythm!) She babbles a bit, but mostly she moves her mouth when we are talking as if she is mimicing us. I have a feeling she working on a verbal explosion and "talk" non-stop from that point on. Kathryn seems to study situations...she has a serious expression she will wear during that process. And when she finds something to be humorous as a result of her studies, she will crack a little grin, lifting up just one side of her mouth. I have a feeling we are gonna have to watch her when she's older...
We experienced our first dinner out recently and it went surprisingly well. We headed to Copper River several Saturdays ago with Pop and Meems for an early dinner. The kids were served their purees and multi-grain cereal in their travel highchairs while we waited for our food to be served. (BTW...LOVE the travel highchairs. Very easy to use!) Isaac got a little antsy towards the end of the meal (he was held by Mommy during dessert), but other than that, the meal was very enjoyable.
This past weekend, we purchased our convertible carseats. (YIKES!!) We decided to go with the Britax Boulevard in Madison for Kathryn and the Britax Boulevard CS in Cowmooflage for Isaac. The kids have not outgrown their Graco Safeseats yet, but we are no longer using the carseats with the stroller nor are we carrying them to and from the car in the carseats any longer. They are just too darn heavy! Plus we think these new carseats will be much more comfortable for that LONG drive to Maryland that Meems, Mommy, Kathryn and Isaac will be making come May. When the seats arrive, Daddy will install and have them checked by Safe Kids before we begin using the seats. We did the same before Isaac and Kathryn arrived with the Graco Safeseats and were surprised at how much we learned by simply having the seats inspected! (You can never be too safe in my opinion!)
Well...I hear the kiddos waking up from the afternoon nap. I better wrap this up for now. I hope to be back to post a few recent pics after they go to bed this evening! Until then...

No comments: