Thursday, April 23, 2009

How Much for the Necklace?

Both kids have taken an interest in jewelry lately. Much to their dismay, Mommy does not wear much, only my wedding/engagement rings and a watch. Both of these items are thoroughly investigated when they catch Isaac and Kathryn's little eyes. However, Meems wears "flashy" jewelry...dangling earrings, hoop earrings, necklaces, necklaces with pendants...all sorts of interesting stuff to examine.


Well, earlier this week, the kids were playing on their quilt between the dining room and the kitchen while Jonathan and I were cleaning up dinner. We would periodically glance over to check on Isaac and Kathryn...and here's what we found...



















I imagine the conversation went something like this....


Ike-Man: Oh! Hi Belle! You have something very interesting around your neck...I'm coming in for a closer looksie, OK?


Belle: You have got to be kidding me! These wee ones have figured out how to move closer to me?!


Ike-Man: Hmmmm...very interesting...not like anything I have seen before...


Belle: Maybe if I turn my head and pretend I'm sleeping he will go away.


Ike-Man: Yes....a bit flashy, but I think I can rock this. So Belle...how much for the necklace?

No comments: