- Currently, we are battling insane colds. Mine started Saturday with a runny nose and sore throat. Sunday morning, I felt like I'd been hit by a train. Most of Sunday, the kids and I were either lying on the couch or lying in my bed. Today, both K&I are feeling it, K more so than I. She just lies on the couch, watching episode after episode of Shaun the Sheep. Thank God for Netflix instant streaming and nap time!
- Christmas is in full swing around here. We are fully decorated, thanks to my mom and grandmother, who helped us deck the halls the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We hosted our Sunday school class Christmas party on Friday evening. It was a wonderful time with lots of laughs. Honestly, I don't think I've laughed that hard in months! I'm talking tears rolling down my face, full belly laughs. It was great!
- This month is crazy busy. Kathryn will be participating in her dance studio's Nutcracker performance. Isaac will be participating in his gymnastics center's Reindeer games. Both on the same day, I might add. Oh...and Jonathan has a two week business trip (!) and I'm working furiously to finish our Christmas presents.
- Three is extremely and incredibly tough! If you are reading this and haven't experienced life at three, whew! Get ready. Every day is a battle of wills, a testing of what the rules are, an experiment of what can be gotten away with...times two. Before three, I thought our kids minded pretty well. Now, some days I question where I messed up. Every night I find myself asking for forgiveness (from God, from my husband, from my children, and from the dog) and some heavenly help to handle what will come the next day with grace and consistency. I've even considered a return to working outside the home...yes, people, it is that rough! I know this too shall pass and honestly, I will be so happy to see this stage go! Are there good moments? Yes, and thank goodness for those good moments, but three is intense, y'all!
Monday, December 5, 2011
What We've Been Up To
In an attempt to jump start my blogging again, here's what we've been up to:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hang in there ... You are doing a fabulous job raising your sweet I & K.
Post a Comment