We are busy little bees around here and since family starts pouring in tomorrow (YEAH!), today's post will be my last "live post" before the holidays. (The next two posts will be autoposts...YEAH for technology!)
Yesterday, while the kids were awake, I worked furiously on a Christmas present. Throwing caution to the wind, I decided to move my sewing machine to the dining room table along with all my other necessary sewing items and work while the kids were awake!! And you know what, they did remarkably well. Both were super curious and I was super cautious (pins, scissors and rotary cutter were all heavily guarded), but all in all it was a very productive day. Many conversations occurred around the sewing machine and I had four little helping hands at times.
Since yesterday was such a success, I decided the kids needed a little treat before dinner. So I whipped up two toddler sized pillow cases to go on two toddler sized pillows purchased at Hobby Lobby last week. I repurposed two super soft receiving blankets from their "baby days" to make the cases. Kathryn's is the perfect size. Isaac's could be a bit longer...it just barely covers his pillow. Needless to say, both kids love their new "pillwhoas"!
No comments:
Post a Comment